Good stores gone bad?

I read today that Trader Joe's had to recall their chocolate chip granola bars. Last year Whole Foods recalled their beef. It's really quite a shame isn't it. So many people look to company's like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Earth Fare to uphold a higher standard than conventional stores. The truth is though even those stores selling their philosophy of non-GMO, organic, and natural foods often fall to the cheapest supplier wins mentality. They are in it to make money and buying in bulk from huge industrial organic farms is most profitable for these chains. Many farms producing our organic meats and processed foods are the same ones producing the non organic ones, side by side they produce these foods. Don't get me wrong, I shop at those stores, but just for my staples for making my own homemade stuff these days. Little by little my family is eating less food processed by big factories more food made with love by me. Yes I know it sounds corney, but I do love making the food that I know will nurture the bodies of those I love. Really that's why I am writing this blog because I want you to be informed and healthy too. Down girl...off the soap box now.

Never less, the article reminded me that my husband has been asking me for weeks for a new batch of my homemade granola bars. I have been preoccupied with my new dehydrator but I'll let that be another post. Today, I got off my duff and made him those bars and I took pictures so I could share them with you! See the previous post for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment