A Cleaner Granite Cleaner


When we bought our house a couple years ago we knew we’d be doing a lot of renovation and we tried to use as many green materials as we could. No-VOC paints, reclaimed cabinets, and energy star appliances all reside in our new kitchen and then there are the granite countertops. I am not proud, but I was less educated then about the environmental toll granite harvesting has on the earth. Never the less I must clean those countertops and I want to do it naturally. Acidic liquids can strip and stain granite so never use vinegar, ammonia, or bleach. Here is my simple and very effective homemade cleaner. It makes a great Lysol germ killer substitute too.

¼ part 91% isopropyl alcohol
¾ part water
1 tsp dish soap per liter

Mix and spray away. Shiny, clean, germ free, and non-hazardously cleaned counters, viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment