Chocolate Coconut Frozen Yogurt


I have longed for warm weather for months and a nice sunny day finally broke free this weekend. This is cause for celebration and time for ice cream! Now I am a sweet eater and in the winter I liked baked goods but in the summer I am all about my ice cream, I eat it about every day. Last year on our way to Disney World we stopped off in St. Augustine and had what had to be the best coconut dark chocolate gelato on the planet and I have craved it ever since. Well, I have also been on a mission to get healthier, lose weight and stop eating processed food. What’s an ice cream lover to do? Pull out the old homemade ice cream machine of course! So here is my recipe for an amazingly low fat/calorie recipe for chocolate coconut frozen yogurt, for my fellow weight watchers, its 3 points for a heaping half cup. If you care nothing about the low fat part (helllooo husband!) then substitute heavy cream for the yogurt and add in coconut shavings. I will not lie it doesn’t touch that authentic gelato but it did turn out smooth, creamy, yum yum yummy and I can eat it daily without guilt.

1 can light coconut milk (14 ounce)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup Sun crystals (stevia sweetner)
1 cup Fat Free Greek style yogurt
2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips

On stovetop mix the first 4 ingrediants over medium heat to dissolve the sun crystals and cocoa. Let cool and then mix yogurt and chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then pour into the ice cream maker and follow the manufactures recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment