Consignment Store Shopping


I am going to toot my own horn for a minute. Recently, I lost a good bit of weight thanks to a healthy diet (mostly veggies, local if at all possible, and grass fed pastured meats) and Weight Watcher’s portion control guidelines. Enough weight that I have to buy a whole new wardrobe, this I am really not all that unhappy about since I do love to shop. At first as a treat to myself I went and bought clothes from stores I couldn’t really wear before. I perused the sale racks at White House Black Market, Chico’s, and Calvin Klein and found some great stuff. I realized though that I could be saving more money and recycling to boot if I found a great consignment store. So, on the hunt I went. I tried Goodwill at first and a couple of them actually had some decent stuff mixed in with the other stuff but I didn’t seem to get the same shopping satisfaction that I would at a great clothing store. I tried Revante` in 5 points but it’s pretty small and didn’t have a huge selection, I also found the prices a bit higher than I expected. Then I found Roundabouts in NE Columbia. It’s in an old Stein Mart so it’s huge and the prices are great! Plus it is set up much like a Stein Mart so it feels like you are shopping in a “real store.” I got a great pair of very high end jeans for $20, an adorable denim dress from Chico for $18, and a pair of Coach Sandals for $35. They also sell home goods and furniture. Now, I have taken some of my old too big clothes to consign with them to support my budding addiction. I am sure there are other great consignment stores in my area and I look forward to searching them out. I am a consignment store convert and I think that will make my husband, the landfills, and the check book happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment